Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Day 28: The Silver Light


This morning, I had to run a work errand that took me downtown. I was almost back to my car when I realized I hadn't even looked up from my task long enough to enjoy the morning. I'm glad I took a moment to just soak it in. 

I love the St. John's harbour, especially in the early morning when the light is thin and silver and everything looks more real somehow. A few years ago, I used to have to drop Danny off to work really early most mornings, so I would drive my car to the top of Signal Hill and watch the sunrise and the ships as they made their way into the harbour. Though we were going through tough times, I remember those mornings with fondness.

Day 28

Well, I've rambled on as usual, but today I am just thankful for St. John's sunrises over the harbour and for being able to look back on hard times and still find fond memories.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!