Thursday, September 25, 2014

Days 34-35: Simplification and Snail Shells


I have been trying to focus on simplifying my life by cutting out the things that are not improving it or that are actively affecting it in a negative way. One thing I am learning is how to make that distinction, and how to know when to say no and to stand my ground. When you have been a people pleaser as long as I have, it is very hard to break out of that mold. But I know it is time to take care of myself, and I will do whatever I need to in order to make that possible.

As you might imagine, restructuring one's life is not relaxing work. I am exhausted and run down already, but there are some things that badly need to be tied up and put on the shelf so that I can keep moving forward.

Physically and mentally, I am a bit of a mess. A post-partum body goes through so many changes, and I seem to be one of the lucky ones who gets most of the weird things. Like postpartum depression and anxiety, an excessively dry and itchy scalp, painful and unsightly eczema on my face...etc. It's a party and a half and I am worn out.

Days 34-35

Today, I am just thankful for reasons to smile. Like the yummy dinner we had last night with some of Danny's new work contacts, and this teeny tiny snail shell that I found today. Isn't he cute?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!