Monday, August 18, 2014

Day 4: Full Belly


I remember a photographer friend telling me about a trip he took to an orphanage in a poor African country. One day, he was eating a banana and a little boy picked up the discarded peel and started to eat it. For him, it was a moment of clarity; he realized just how much he had in comparison.

I thought of that story this morning as I peeled a banana for my breakfast cereal. Later, I had a moment of clarity myself as I sat at my desk eating the leftovers from my Greek platter lunch the day before. "I am so lucky," I thought, "to have the luxury of eating just about anything I want." And I thought that again this evening as I emailed my coworkers and suggested a sushi lunch for next week. Three reminders in one day makes today's topic easy...

Day 4

I am grateful for the abundance that I have been given. For the incredible blessing of being well fed and having a choice in what and how much I want to eat.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!